View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 08:48 AM
NoraB

my best organizing tip is......once a quilt has been quilted.......after squaring up the quilt......dispense with the trimmed off stuff immediately. The batting that is large enough to use is put with the batting, fabric is put on the table until the binding is done. Any batting smaller than 5" square is cut into scraps and goes immediately into the "dog bed" sack. Any fabric smaller than 2" square is cut into scraps and goes into the "dog bed" sack. Then.....I have a clean cutting table to continue making the binding and finishing the quilt.

This just helps me keep the "unusable" stuff in its place. Once those dog bed sacks are full....I use my ready-made dog bed "pillow" and stuff it. I always try to have a dog-bed ready for stuffing. Then, it's a process.....stuff the dog bed, finish the seam, walk it to the pet store that accepts animal rescue beds.....and more stuff out of my sewing room!

I guess the streamlined hint is - dispense with the scraps as soon as you are finished with one project.

I purchased that creative grids scrap crazy 6 template ruler someone has in another post. I'm really excited for that...because then, I can cut my scrap fabric using that ruler and put them away. It will be here next week!