View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by beachlady
I went to the PO today to get the box and was also told that to Spain it would be $37.00 to mail, though was not given a weight limit. Has anyone mailed anything yet and what was the cost? If an envelope is cheaper, I will do that, but honestly, I can not afford $37.00 at this time. Henry, have you mailed yours yet?
Izy, sorry I got your hopes up. I was sending full pieces too, not just scraps.
We were mailing out some One Rate Boxes. I just happened to ask about mailing to Spain. If you look on the ORB, it states that max is 20 pounds. PO man showed me that. So, if you can pack 20 pounds into one of those....believe me, I am trying....you'd get your moneys worth, especially if you sent the SAME size box, but just being a plain box, it would be $85! ! Insane!! Didn't ask about envelopes tho.
I'm hoping to get this sent out within the next day or two. Have some other packages that I have promised that didn't get posted because hubby "forgot" to get them from my room and didn't tell me until we were almost at the PO. Wouldn't be so bad....PO is only 15 miles away, but it takes 40 min to get there because the roads here are so bad and I wasn't about to turn around and get them and then drive all the way back.