View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Iceblossom

When I was first diagnosed with my vision issues I finally had to admit that I had already placed in the "she with the most fabric wins" rankings and come to terms with that no, I wasn't going to use it all.

I had great success by looking/posting in my local Craig's List (looks like Kansas City, MO might be your closest) with looking under "wanted" and posting under "crafts", there is also a "free" section but like you I wanted it to preferably go to charity organizations so I was willing to wait and see.

First it was all my "non-quilting" stuff, most of that went to textile students at the local arts college. Then I gave a lot of stuff to a local church group. They also accepted the extra orphan blocks to make lap quilts and had a number of places they donated to, both local and international. A local elementary school art teacher was more than happy to take my various craft things, budget cuts have hit the art departments hard. Later stuff went to the girl scouts, some of my non-gutted ties went to a community theater, and more (including books) went to a 4-H fundraiser.

Thank you for looking to give back to the community. While they can be hard to find, people out there will be thrilled to get your mother's treasures.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 09-07-2018 at 10:56 AM.