View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 01:28 PM
jbsstrawberry

Originally Posted by kate2
Hi Lisa, I sorry I keep asking the same questions.There is one thing I can't understand. How do you get the wax out of the cloth? I know you said something about useing paper and ironing.Could you tell me again.
Thank you so much
God Bless
kate2
No problem at all :) Remove the freezer paper from the back of your colored panel block, place a good size stack of paper towels on your ironing board, then your colored block, then another stack of paper towels. Put your iron on the cotton setting with NO steam. Press, don't iron, over the top stack of paper towels, keep changing the towels closest to the panel block and pressing until no color irons off onto the paper towels. Then, rinse them in a bowl/pan of warm water with mild detergent, rinse them with clear warm water until the water stays clear. Roll them in a towel to remove the excess water, don't squeeze or wring them, just roll them in a thick absorbant bath towel. Dry them flat or hang dry them. I always give mine a good press with the iron while they are still just damp.

Hope this answers your question...if not just give a shout, I'll help you any way I can. :)

Ohhh yeah...I always press mine with the right side up...that way the color from the crayons seems to go through the fibers better.