View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 03:16 PM
TAMARATJO

Default Suggestions for Quilting Design

I am looking for suggestions on how to quilt this. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600885[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]600886[/ATTACH]

This is a large quilt, queen size, about 84 x 96. The blocks are 4 1/2 inches. I plan on quilting this on my DSM, a Viking Topaz 20. I quilt using the embroidery feature. This means hooping each design. I am struggling to decide how to place the quilting designs. The largest size I can hoop/quilt is 8 inches. Originally I was planning to quilt a cute design in the white center blocks. (There are 71 of the 4 1/2 inch squares!) Maybe SID for the rails, but couldn't decide what to do in the 9 patches.
I do have a walking foot so I can just straight line the 9 patches and rails.
OR I could center an 8 inch design in the white blocks, but it leaves gaps between designs, as the combined squares would be 13 1/2 inches. The quilting designs I have been considering are on this link. I have the designs in 4,5 and 8 inch sizes. https://www.queenofstitching.com/pal.../quilt-designs 25th Anniversary; Flower Bower maybe in combo with Morning Glory; or Tulip Wreath. I do have some quilting patterns that sort of mimic the E2E pantos as another quilting option. Then I guess I wouldn't center the designs, just link them up.
The other picture is of the pillow shams. I can use whatever 8 inch design I use on the quilt, and place it in the 4 corners, and quilt a 4 inch design in the center. Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails shams.jpg   quilt.jpg