Old 09-11-2018, 06:48 PM
dublb

DH & I walked this morning. We haven't walked since the Midland trip. Either we had things to do or DH felt bad. Yesterday he woke up at 1:00 am so he really didn't feel like walking at 7:00am. I am glad we finally walked today.

DD called & said that Brady was gonna have a first responders parade. It was called at short notice so not very many people went. DD picked me up to go w/'em. She said that she had already told the kids about where she was on 911 & wanted me to tell 'em about where I was when it happened. She had timers set for the time of each event that happened that morning. They stopped & prayed at each moment & then she explained what had happened at each time. We actually missed the timer for the time when the plane crashed in Pennsylvania as our local first responders were passing us at that moment, so she went over that event after we got back to the car. The kids were interested, listening & asking great questions. Then they asked to see some videos. We were headed to get drinks by that time so when we got there DD grabbed her tablet & found a few videos. They were as shocked as we were to see those building fall.

DD dropped me off at home & they went back to their house to do the rest of their home-school work. DD said that this was gonna be all the history that they were gonna do today. I had a few things to do here then it was lunch time. After lunch I headed to DD's house & we started unpacking boxes & boxes of books. The thing is her DBIL & his family are coming for a visit on Friday. She has to get the upstairs organized. She does have the dividers at the end of the upstairs to create a bedroom. It is a big bedroom measuring about 14' X 18'. The rest of the upstairs is a huge school room & I think it measures 12' X 20'. She has 6 huge bookcases along 1 wall & we filled 'em. There are more boxes of books. I have 2 bookcases in my storage unit here in Brady so I am gonna give those to her. We also organized other boxes of stuff that had been carried upstairs. We got DD's fabric stash & Christmas stuff into the huge closet that is up there. We got all the school stuff moved to the area that she wants it all set up at. It is still a mess but at least we know what area we are gonna work on tomarrow. Oh we did unpack a bunch of DSonIL's electronics & those go in that bedroom as it also gonna be his music/computer room. We will most probably get the bedroom all straight & the air mattress inflated on Thurs.

At 4 I left, went & got DM & we walked. She is up to 4minutes & 10 seconds of a fast paced walk w/a 5 minute cool down. (When we first started she was doing 3:00 at a medium pace then the 5 minute cool down.) The cool down today included buying some chrysanthemums. She said that she is gonna plant 'em but I don't see that happening. I think DH is gonna have to do that for her.