Thread: Scrap saving
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 04:32 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301 View Post
I have only a few sizes I save. 5 inch charms---10 inch layer cake ---2 1/2 inch strips. When they start to build up I make a top.

I work with a charity group that gets alot of donated fabric for their charity quilts. I have an abundance of it and do not want to spend time of a huge cutting system for scraps. And then have to store them,.

We each have to find our own way.
You will like this quilt with your "precuts" It's what I plan on doing with mine. It can be made smaller, say 7 three piece units in 3 rows for a 41.5 x 50 baby or lap quilt. And a less than 1 1/2 yards of backing fabric.

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/SHOP...ern-56-5-by-70

You are so right in finding our own way...our minds all process differently so what works for one does not necessarily work for others. And if it means giving scraps to someone else that's okay. There are some folks who love to have scraps because they can indulge in their creativity on a limited income or like me getting others' scraps of fabric choices which I wouldn't normally buy. These scraps take me out of my box and stretches my ideas of quilting.