View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 08:13 AM
rryder

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
A Brother P-touch label machine. Then I can mark each container and read it from a distance and not have to go plowing through the whole pile and become distracted.
Getting distracted is my biggest obstacle to getting and staying organized... I've finally realized that one way I can help keep focus is to keep my supplies on open shelving in my art studio so that I can see all my art supplies at a glance-- It's counterintuitive, but for some reason being able to see them helps to keep me from pulling them out willy nilly when I'm being creative. And the bonus is that it's easy to put things right back where I got them from. Not that that always happens

My sewing studio is a different matter, no walls for shelves= multiple plastic drawer units and sewing boxes, etc.. My fabric stays pretty well under control in their plastic drawer units since I "file" my fabric on comic book boards, but thread, machine attachments, etc. all are stored in various sewing boxes, etc.stacked under the machine tables and are hard to keep corralled and put away properly since that means crawling under the tables to get to them...

Rob