Old 09-15-2018, 06:48 PM
jokir44

Here is something else that may help you. When I first started quilting I bought a Harriet Hargrave book. At that time she was pretty much the queen of machine quilting. She says if you basted and machine anchored your quilt well you can start at the edge of your quilt and go toward the middle. So that is what I did. Basted really well with tons of pins and put at least six anchor lines in, then started on a corner. Working on an edge without all that bulk helps tremendously. I would work in strips all the way across, go back and do another until I got to the middle or close. You do need to be careful and feel under the quilt that you don't make pleats where your machine anchoring lines cross. Then I would start on the opposite side and do it all over again until I met in the middle. Your outer edges are now compressed from being quilted and will roll or scrunch up smaller. I now spray baste and start in the middle but I have a machine with a bigger harp. Best of luck on getting it quilted.