View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 04:50 AM
rryder

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I"m working thru my bobbin storage now. With 5 different machines that I'm using regularly and different types of thread, I'm started just putting them in small ziplocs with the little pony tail holders around them and labelling them as to what thread it is. Then I put them in the box for the correct machine with the feet and whatever else I have for that machine. I love all my machines but it has made some things complicated. I think I need to make a trip to the hardware store to pick up more plastic boxes to store stuff in.
I’m in the same boat with multiple machines and many different bobbins. With the exception of the featherweight bobbins I Finally just started putting partially filled bobbins back in with the thread that is on them. So in my Isachord box I have class 15 bobbins (both metal and plastic), L bobbins and M bobbins. Open my vintage thread boxes and you’ll see the same thing, 100wt and specialty thread boxes also all have multiple kinds of bobbins in them.... Means I always know what thread is on any given bobbin and since my bobbins all look very different from each other it works for me. Also helps that I have a gazillion bobbins for each machine. My system’s not ideal, but so far it works better for me than anything else I’ve come up with.

And, I always keep a few empties with each machine.

I cut clear tubing to put around my bobbins so the thread doesn't come off. You can buy one of those cutters designed for plastic tubing at the hardware store- usually they’re in the same aisle as the tubing.

Rob