View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 05:38 AM
TheMerkleFamily

I do hope you find a gently used Juki - I think you'll really appreciate how well it FMQ. I agree with all of gshalom's detailed comments regarding both the Juki and Janome models too.

Good Luck!

Christine

Originally Posted by Polyxana View Post
Dear Christine
Thank you for your reply. I already have a Janome 7000, and have even quilted a king sized quilt through its tiny harp, but have had this machine for about 30 years and fear that although I love it, it might be on its last legs. I also have a Singer treadle from about 1908 with a massive harp space, which is still going brilliantly, but have not been able to FMQ on it as of yet. The main problem living in France is that there seems to be a price fixing mechanism, whereby it is difficult to obtain secondhand machines, and sometimes only the latest version of any make is offered by the dealers, who all charge the same price. This is particularly the case with the Juki. If I buy from UK for example, where I could get a secondhand or older model at discount price the warranty on a Janome, and also I think the Juki, would be void once in France. Unless of course, there is anyone in France who has one to sell?
Thanks for your input. I think I rather hanker after the Juki and just hope the Janome 7000 keeps going.
Polyxana