View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 12:17 PM
Iceblossom

I know I've seen it/something very similar before, was wondering at first about the Ladies Art Company designs.

But I'm going with Madame Kelly, I think it is a version of the Star-ray or Sun-ray block. The book I found it in is one of my more obscure reference books, The New Quilting & Patchwork Dictionary by Rhoda Ochser Goldberg, copyright 1988 by Crown Publishers.
https://www.amazon.com/Quilting-Patc.../dp/0517569655

The differences are that the middle rays are cut across the top and not pointed as in the pieced top and she arranges 4 blocks into a circle design. (edit: In this diagram each "block" is 6" for a total 12" block)

It's one of the nice things about quilting is that we can make each project new by our changes and can give it any name we want, often names are a regional thing and the exact same block has very different names depending on what part of the country you are from.

My hubby's truck is still down so I'm unable to travel right now (he has my car), but I'll take a scan of the grid diagram (that's all this book has, no instructions) as soon as I can -- probably early next week, or Madam Kelley's grid is spot on.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 09-19-2018 at 12:20 PM.