View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Katia

I've been reading here fro a few days and it sure seams like a bunch of very nice people. What a wonderful thing. I am sure I will have lots of questions. Even though I have been a sewer all my life this is a new venture. I plan to take some classes this summer. More to meet people then anything else, although I am really sure I have a lot to learn.

My mom and Grandma used to make quilts all the time. My sister is a quilter and one of my daughters dabbles in quilting, among other things. She has a stack of Dresden plates that she helped her great grandma piece and we are trying to figure out what to do with. They are old, probably at least 25 years old and not too pretty. Grandma made them towards then end of her life and was not too picky. But my daughter loves them and wants to honor her by finishing the plates into a quilt.

I have lots of sewing machines, more then anyone needs, but I am always looking for more. It is a little obsession with me. My dream sewing room is to have a studio big enough to have them all set out and displayed or being used from time to time. If I keep going I may need a warehouse.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, I have already learned so much.