View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 02:31 PM
rryder

Still busy making storage bags for my quilts using muslin and pool noodles. This is working out great. I made a muslin cover for each pool noodle that is about 4 inches longer than the pool noodle itself. Once I insert the noodle, I stitch the cover closed turning the excess into a tag where I can write the name of the quilt, its size and the year it was completed. Then I roll the quilt around it and using muslin make a storage bag that slips over the whole thing, but is short enough for the "tag" to hang outside when I tie it shut. So far I've made 9 of them and it's really nice to only have one quilt per noodle. In the past I've layered more than one quilt onto the noodles, but it was a pain trying to figure out which quilts were where.

I'm also in the process of destashing art instruction books and have had good luck selling some on eBay. Ones that don't sell will be donated to the local thrift store. So far I've managed to free up one shelf in my art studio--Yay!

Still trying to make sure I find one thing every day that can be either thrown away, donated or sold... it's getting harder since I've done all the easy ones

Rob