Old 09-23-2018, 05:37 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post

A word of caution about pre-wound Bobbons: they seem to mess up my tension and my technician at the LQS said that he thinks they often don’t work well with tension issues.
Just want to chime in on this point. It is pretty common knowledge in the longarming circles that Superior prewound bobbins (both superbobs and the ones loaded with so fine) are known tension problem causers. Mostly the last 1/4 of the bobbin. They run just fine until you get to that point then cause tension issues. These are the ones that come on the cardboard core. Longarmers who use them and still love them live with this issue and simply use that last bit of thread to hand sew bindings or give them to their clients to hand sew with.
I use magnaglide prewound bobbins and have never ever had a tension issue with them, right to the last tiny bit of thread. I have used decobobs as well and I have also experienced tension issues the last 1/4 or so of the bobbin.

I quilt on a stand up longarm and those that I know who have had issues are also quilting on a stand up. Sounds like the issue is also with sit downs.