Old 09-23-2018, 06:26 AM
Austinite

I have a Sizzix Big Shot Plus and it's great, cuts and the handle turns very easily. No hand, wrist or shoulder pain with use. I only have three dies for it at the moment: a 6 inch square and a 2.5" strip die for binding or jelly rolls and I have an Accuquilt kitty die that I have an adapter for. I use the strip die the most for binding, I've probably cut miles and miles of binding with it. I'm saving up for some HST dies. I buy my dies on Amazon and they are on sale frequently.

The way it works is: you have a clear plastic sheet under the die, the die itself, the fabric, then another clear plastic sheet. You feed this sandwich thru the die cutter by turning the handle and it cuts your fabric. The top clear plastic sheet is sacrificial and will need replacing eventually. Took me about five minutes to learn. Took my hubby half of that You can buy the plastic sheets on Amazon as well but my hubby went to a plastics company and ordered them cut to size.

I made a quilt for a beloved child in my life with my square and strip dies and cut it out in less than an hour and the piecing was a dream because everything was perfectly cut. Much better and faster than I could do on my own with a ruler. Accuquilt is also a good company, I spent a long time looking at all the cutters out there.