Old 09-23-2018, 01:20 PM
maudeflanagan

Default A Special Quilt for my Sister - Top Finished

Towards the end of my mother’s life (we knew it was coming), she told me to take all of her sewing stuff and her fabric. My husband and I went to her apartment and packed everything up and brought it to our house. There it stayed partially bagged up and sat for nearly 3 years.

I have dipped into her stash for small things here and there, but was never really sure what to use it for. While in the process of redoing and reorganizing my sewing room, I set aside all of my mother's fabric in one group. I looked at all of her fabric and decided that I was finally going to try using it up. The project I wanted to do was a quilt for my sister.

The pattern I chose to use was Eleanor Burns’ Log Cabin Quilt in a Day. It has taken me 2 days just to get the top complete, but it was still very easy to follow and worked up very quickly. My fabric choices were rather limited, so I chose color placement according to the amount of yardage I had. Here is the result:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]601548[/ATTACH]

I am am really happy with the way it turned out. When it all came together, it was like a strange snapshot of my mother’s personality was sewn right into the blocks. When I have it all quilted up, I will add some more pictures
Attached Thumbnails a703f7b1-2e77-4a14-8ebd-730c124bd644.jpeg