Old 09-23-2018, 05:36 PM
Jaiade

I am another one who uses the LA to attach binding. I hate to bind. I have started making my binding right after I finish a top and attach it to the top so that it's ready to go when I quilt the top. I sometime attach the binding as I quilt and sometime attach after quilting is finished.
Qshorttimer.... Dawn shows on the video that you stitch a straight line with channel locks and place the binding along that line ,then you trim at the edge of the binding. I don't stitch the line only because my quilts are probably as square as they are going to be when I put them on the frame, so I just line the binding up with the edge of the quilt. I haven't tried joining the binding on the frame but I have seen it done. Now if I could just figure out how to finish the binding on the LA. Did I say I hate to bind? I have made so much binding that I don't mind making it anymore. But that still doesn't make me like the final stitching! I'm looking for a binding attachment that will stitch both sides at once. I saw one on utube once a can't find it again.