Old 09-24-2018, 04:59 AM
redstilettos

NO, the deadline will be just fine for me I was just feeling so sassy I was almost done. Well. Karma, right?

MaryMo, you are NOT alone. Mercy. I have a whole pile of 3 patches where the center square was already off. Rather then taking the time to try and make them correct, I moved on to the next set. I figure I can either redo these at my leisure, or make them into something else.

Honchey, I think that was my problem, too. I was trying to use all my candies from the swap and found many many many that were not 2.5" square. I am still using them. BUT.....what I'm doing to make sure I don't have to fudge the seam is to put it next to my 2.5" square of white that "I" cut and am confident of. If it is too big, push outwards, and if too small, snuggle in. (does that make sense) I hate the idea of not being able to use these, as many are not something I would normally use in anything other than a scrappy block pattern like this one.

On another note, I have found, if I take the time to make sure my center is 2" finished in both directions, my blocks need very little squaring, if any at all. But believe me, I have plenty of them that do. Did. Whatever!

I made some blocks last night and wasn't crazy about the color combinations. But after I got a few blocks made and put them next to each other, I started getting excited about how good this will look for a scrappy Irish Chain.

Even though I feel like I'm starting over again, I'm getting excited!