View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 09:06 AM
Iceblossom

Originally Posted by Cheshirepat
Hugs Iceblossom...your story hits home. I've had a lot of 'I'd better get started now or else!' moments. Hoping you are able to fully enjoy every bit of what's next.
It sucks and I still get mad and depressed about it, but in some ways it has made me a better person and more appreciative of the little things in life. The good news is that after losing 10-20 feet a year for decades, last couple of years I've had less loss, but there are no guarantees about next year. Forget the E on the eye chart, if you put a white chart on a white wall I can't even see the chart any more without my contacts or standing within touching distance.

We don't know what the future may bring, but I have learned that "stuff is just stuff". Have you ever done the exercise about "your house is burning and you have 5 minutes"?? My fabric never even made the list. I get the pets out (even the hubby's snake and spider) and everything else can be replaced. Hubby hopes if I have time I grab the computers but I figure they are goners... Photos aren't memories even though they can help bring them to the surface. Important papers can be replaced. There is nothing needed that can't be replaced -- except for today.

Old saying: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
― Bill Keane