Thread: Black or White
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:30 AM
Iceblossom

Default Black or White

Last week at small group one of the ladies offered up scraps of a really vibrant fabric on a black background, there is a small amount of non-scratchy gold metallic here and there. I have just enough to make (12) 8" finished plain blocks or basically a crib sized quilt. My normal tendency is to go black for a background but I found a large floral white on white that would make it brighter. I had hoped that I had enough of a black dot fabric I used recently on another quilt for a border but there wasn't enough -- I can make binding out of what I have. So if I do this all correctly, the photo shows the wild print along side black and the white on white, the dotted fabric for the binding is on the top. You can see the floral (large daisies) in real life. The EQ(6) picture is my working diagram, I drew it with a border but currently don't have a fabric in mind. I will be using more colors for the arrows than shown in my working diagram, pulling the colors out of my solids box using the colors from the print as a guide, probably will use 4-8 solids. Edit: The strip shown in the photo is slightly larger (10") than the 8" finished size I will be using.
Attached Thumbnails arrows.jpg   100_4239.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 09-25-2018 at 08:33 AM.