View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 06:38 PM
PamelaOry

Originally Posted by lyric girl View Post
I also have a GO Big (electric cutter). I bought mine on sale because I have a partially torn tendon in my right hand which is my cutting hand. They work amazing, but know that none of it is cheap. However, Accuquilt frequently has sales.
good to know! I was checking out their starter sets and they are pricey.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Hi Pam, I have a Go cutter with the hand crank. Turning the crank is a lot of work so with your back problems, you don't want a hand crank.

Initially I used my Go cutter to cut millions of 5" squares for the I Spy quilt sets I sell. It was good for that but the die wore out quickly. I got it replaced and the replacement is going dull even faster than the original one. Plus you have to keep buying mats, as the cutter cuts them up pretty bad, and then you no longer get good cuts. For these reasons, I hardly use my Go cutter anymore.

You have a little different situation with your back problem, so you may need a cutter. But my general feeling about them is that they are a lot of money for a little convenience. I'd rather cut with my rotary and rulers.
i was wondering how user friendly they would be for doing boom blocks. Do they have dies for making lots of traditional blocks or are their designs mostly originals?