View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 09:01 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
good to know! I was checking out their starter sets and they are pricey.

i was wondering how user friendly they would be for doing boom blocks. Do they have dies for making lots of traditional blocks or are their designs mostly originals?
Pamela--I have a Silhouette Cameo (bought first) which works well for cutting shapes for fusible applique, but not the best for basic shapes or cutting layers. So I bought an Accuquilt Go Big--the electric one--and love it. Yes, dies are pricey but they do go on sale periodically on their website. The machines also go on sale right around Thanksgiving--sign up now for their newsletter so you get notice as it's about a 4 day sale. I use the strip dies all the time, have a 12" Qube which gives you many different shapes to combine in lots of blocks (especially true if you have another Qube like 12, 9,6" or 12,10,8,6") They have free patterns on their site that you can download (like you are "purchasing" them but they are free) I definitely recommend Accuquilt Go Big and wish I had not purchased the Silhouette as I rarely applique--usually I use for cardstock & vinyl projects frankly.