View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 07:20 AM
linda8450

Please thank your Dad for his service to keep us all free! I am active in a local guild in Alabama, and we make 15-30 quilts every year to be presented locally at Fort Rucker. We also do individual quilts when needed. Our group attends the presentation and the quilts are wrapped around the shoulders of the veterans (and current service men and women as well). There isn't a dry eye in the house! If you are going to make your Dad a quilt, make it any size or color or style you think he would like. The specifications on the website are because they need to conform to a standard to be presented to a group, and no one want a tiny quilt, or purple and yellow, when others are getting large rwb quilts! Also helps for handling, etc. We require a matching pillow case (later used for the vet) to store the quilts in to keep them clean and stackable, but you don't have to do that. I am in the process of making a quilt with embroidered squares for a friend's brother. When it is completed I will call the local qofv coordinator and get a few people together to make the presentation at his home. It can be very simple or elaborate, as you wish. It is a great honor to serve these men and women that have served their country.