Old 02-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Gerbie

I would like to share my Cranberry jello salad, that I make for our annual Thanksgiving Church Fellowship dinner. It does require some cooking, but we think it is delicious.
Cranberry Salad (serves 20-25)
2 pkgs. washed and cleaned fresh cranberries.
4 cups of sugar
2 cups of water
2 pkgs. Lemon jello (small pkgs.)
2 tlbs. regular gelatin (use two envelopes from the box)
2 tlbs. water
2 cups chopped pecans
2 cups chopped celery]
2 cups chopped apple
20 large marshmallows
1 LARGE 9/15 pyrex dish
Chop apples, nuts and celery and put aside. In a LARGE pan or pot, cook the cranberries and sugar together in the 2 cups of water. Cook until the cranberries stop popping. Remove from heat. Dissolve jello and gelatin in the 2 tlbs of water and add immediately to the cranberry mixture and stir well. While mixture is still hot, add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are disolved. Allow mixture to cool, (pan should not be hot), then stir in nuts, apple and celery. Pour mixture into pyrex dish and place in refrigerator to gel for several hours. I like to allow it to gel for at least 24 hours. Enjoy.

Here is a quick jello salad
This serves a family of four well.
1-small pkg. lime, or any chosen flavor, appricot is great with this too.
1-small carton of small curd cottage cheese
1-small can crushed pineapple (WELL drained)
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1-small carton of cool whip
In a large bowl mix dry jello and pineapple, add cottage cheese, pecans and stir in cool whip. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour before serving, it is better chilled.
To serve a large group or family, instead of small portions of each, ingredient, use a large portion, except for the pecans.

Gerbie from (West Tx)