View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 05:29 PM
roguequilter

hi oksewglad ...my husband refused to keep his new t's aside for me to wash seperately. so ...i washed three (dark colors) together with ten colorcatchers on regular cycle & large load water level. wasteful yes, but when he got home fr work & saw all the dye saturated (drk green, blue & drk brown) ...each catcher sheet marbled with all the colors of his t's i finally got him to listen.
i do scrappy more than anything. little tiny pieces ..and make the blocks then wash before joining all together. color catchers were suggested by quilty friends on another site. i experimented with how many color catcher sheets per load. no matter how saturated the sheets are i've never had dye bleeding on the fabrics.
i sort darks, mediums & lights ...sometimes i have a lot of shades of a dark (green, black, red etcetcetc) and will make one load of just one of those individual colors ..just in case.
i love love love color catchers. when i first started quilting i did my fabric the way i did my clothing --like colors together. worked ok until one time i mixed three shades of light green. one faded on another ..what a mess. had to go back & buy more greens.

and i never ever use the washer agitater ..not even delicate --lol delicate not in this farm girls' vocabulary either. i only agitate by hand. especially when doing already pieced blocks.

Last edited by roguequilter; 10-04-2018 at 05:32 PM.