Old 10-05-2018, 02:07 PM
DawnFurlong

Default Brother XR3340 Sewing/Quilting Machine from Costco

I saw this machine at Costco (and currently through the end of October, it is $40 off - making it $139).

https://www.costco.com/Brother-XR334...100421876.html

My primary machine for quilting is an Elna 740 Excellence. However, I have recently gotten into garment sewing, and am loosely looking at getting another machine (just so I don't have to keep switching my settings on my machine). If I go for another machine, I would not want to spend more than $500 (really I don't want to go over $300).

Needless to say there aren't really any reviews on this machine (the 3 reviews on Costco are good, but none given an idea of how often they use the machine, does the machine easily handle different types of fabric, etc). My intended use for this machine is basic sewing (knit shirts, skirts, etc). I also like to sew the occasional purse, so it would be nice if this machine does not balk at the occasional thicker seam.

Has anyone bought a Brother sewing machine from Costco? Or perhaps bought this particular one?

I am so tempted, for $139, to buy the machine because of Costco's amazing return policy. I'm not buying it intending to return it - but if it doesn't work well, if I find there is a feature missing that I need, etc - I know I can return it.

Thoughts?