View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 04:46 AM
tlrnhi

Ok, here goes....
I watch Survivor and I know there are those of you who watch too. Well, when the show was in Palau, they showed Jellyfish Lake (http://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazine...llyfishes.aspx) and I was mesmerized with it. Gee....guess what? Palau is only a 2 1/2 hour flight from Guam! So, ever since we got here, I kept saying...I want to go to Jellyfish Lake. Hubby says...go, have fun, I'll be home with the cats. UGH! So Courtney says she'll go too. Sure, anything for a free vacation. lol
Well, pricing JUST airline tickets, it's almost $800 r/t from Guam to Palau. Yes,,,insane, huh?
I got to thinking....I've always wanted to go to Vietnam. So I just start pricing on Expedia.com and Orbitz. I can get tickets, WITH hotel for 5 nights/6 days for just over $900. There is so much history in Vietnam, that I wouldn't be bored.
With Palau, the ONLY thing I want to do is Jellyfish Lake. That's it, nothing else.
So, if you had a choice, which would you take?
I've already told hubby that I intend on going to Vietnam before we leave, just have to work out the time/dates because of packers and such....still no orders as of yet.

So, would you take Vietnam over Palau?
I'm just tossing this out there, but I really already made my decision, so it's really not a dilemma anymore....lol