Old 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
DawnFurlong

I did pick one up (haven't taken it out of the box). But in the meantime, I was in a local sewing machine shop today, to see about servicing my as my primary machine (Elna 740 Excellence) as fabric seems to be pulled to the left when I sew. Meanwhile, I started playing on other machines. Specifically a Brother project runway model (which had a very nice feel) and a Pfaff 4.2 Expression. Just wow to the Pfaff!! I guess this model is getting ready to go away. Sales price is $1799, and I can get 0% financing for 24 months. My husband said, you should do it! But, I didn't go into the shop to buy a new machine (and I don't want to spend that amount of $$ without seeing what my other options might be). Because while I have loved my Elna - it doesn't feel like that Pfaff did. And the stitch quality isn't as nice. But I really do want to see what my options are. I have been wanting to test drive a Babylock.

Meanwhile, I did want to try the Costco Brother - because I could use a 2nd working machine in the interim and it doesn't break the bank. I'll post back my thoughts on it though, in case anyone ends up searching for reviews on it. Perhaps my better option would be getting a mid-range machine that I use for sewing (clothes) and I could also use for piecing, and I keep my Elna for FMQ (and piecing). I hear great things about the Juki F600. But - I don't think I can try/buy that one locally.

Many things to think about now since I would have my DH's blessing to move forward with an upgraded machine if I chose to!!