Thread: A FMQ Sampler
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 09:51 AM
Homemother

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
Thank you! I will enjoy referring to your sampler to help me with learning free-motion quilting. Your photos are great!

What weight thread did you use? Also what type needle do you find works well? (quilting, microtex, universal?)

I like your reasoning that quilting becomes easier when divided into sections making zig zag paths. I am trying to picture the paths before the quilting is added. Can you show a paper drawing of your zig zag paths please?
Hi Copycat,

I sat down to draw out what I did with the zigzag and found out very quickly I had no real plan when I started it. I just decided to draw lines until I went to the edges. I really need to think about how I did everything. I am extremely glad you asked because you know someone at the guild will want to make the exact same design and I had better be ready.

The thread weight used was 50. If you plan to do micro-stippling, use a lighter thread in those areas. The needle in my machine is a Jeans needle. Jeans needles are sharp and go through all the layers beautifully.

I will post a new thread with a title something like: A FMQ Sampler Diagrams