Thread: HST Question
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 02:17 PM
AZTeri

Default HST Question

Hi there. I've been away from quilting for some time due to a full-time job, and am glad to say I'm back! I'm having an issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with...

I took an idea on Pinterest and made it my own. It is a table runner made up of 4.5" squares, and triangles - think a chevron, but only one row of them. My problem is now that I'm ready to put the binding on, I'm going to lose the points on the sides. What should I have done/do differently in the future to prevent losing the points? I think that I probably should have made the triangles 1/4" larger so they overlapped the points of the squares, but I'm not positive if that would work.

I have The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt book and I notice looking at some of the squares in that, some of the ones with triangles on the edges have crisp points, others do not. I want the crisp points.

Does this make any sense or did I totally lose you?? Hoping someone can understand what I'm asking! I'm about to start my daughter's quilt and I want to make sure that I can get the center 8- point star right for her.

Last edited by AZTeri; 10-09-2018 at 02:22 PM.