View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 06:31 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
Wow. Just found this thread and read the whole thing. Thoroughly enjoyed it. About the button hook - are you using it to clean/work on machines? It is celluloid and you mentioned not caring what it is made from but to keep it you will need to keep it out of the sun and away from any heat source. We are talking about not going to Arizona next year but travelling around more. Perhaps we will get to Colorado. Would love to come and learn.
Thank you so very much for your post.

No, I had just found the button hook with some sewing stuff. I actually found a metal JC Penney's one with a Touch & Sew machine. I was initially rather surprised. I thought about it and then needed it for one of my blouses. Decided then. that they come in handy for their intended purpose. Thank you for the information. I found a celluloid knitting needle but the tip of it was in pieces. I don't want that to happen to the button hook.

If you should come through Colorado, please let us know. We have an off board mailing list for our get-togethers. Should anyone be in the Front Range/Denver area we would love to call a special get-together. I know John and I sure enjoyed meeting with Leon & Iris. Hopefully, sometime they will make it back sometime we can all get-together.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.