View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Silk

I think your floral backgrounds are lovely. They're overall light so I think they work just fine.
Thank you, I want to use what I have, but needed to be sure it was fine.

Please let me know how you want to proceed - - -
I'm not the best person to answer because I go 1 block at a time, but I'd say every 2 weeks will be fine.

You know it's time to jump in and join the fun when you are pinning every scrappy Burgoyne Surrounded on Pinterest that there is and even dreaming about it!
You're not alone!

I felt in love with the scrappy version at first sight. I decided I had to give it a try, although is far from my comfort zone (I usually choose easy patterns in small sizes). However, I was discouraged because it's a lot of work, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it on my own.
I'm so happy since jclinganrey opened this thread... now I have the goal I needed.

I'm tired of selecting-pressing-measuring-cutting low volume scraps, but thinking positive: I'm using A LOT of them, so they will stop being 'junk' and soon will become a beautiful quilt (well, that's what I hope).

I also spin the center of my four/nine patches, although I do it in a more lazy way (before pressing, and not using scissors; just pulling gently each one of the seams in the opposite direction. Then, I press).