View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 11:23 PM
TeresaA

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
One of my quilting friends is trying to convince me that we need to go to the show.
http://www.wsqspokane.org/news.php?fc_id=10

It's quite a ways from Seattle and we would stay one night. So that would be a 6-hour drive (at speed limit... I would do the driving so probably a little less ) check into the hotel, see the show a bit, fall exhausted into bed and then a couple more hours at the show/vendors before heading back. I'm pretty familiar with Spokane and know the drive very well so that isn't an issue. We are pretty easily amused so the drive time will be fine but my friend is older without a lot of stamina.

Mostly just wondering if anyone from these boards is likely to go/have been in the past. Is it worth the drive? Looks like a pretty full vendor list and says "500 quilts" but sometimes that sort of thing is showing a bunch of children's corner/charity quilts (nothing wrong with that but often not a lot of interesting things for me). If you've been to the Quilter's Anonymous show (Monroe Fairgrounds, Spring time), I think that compares in scale and is a reference we (my friend and I) both can understand.
If it helps at all, Spokane is only about 4.5 hours at speed limit, from my experience.

I haven't heard much about the quilt show, though.