View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 03:07 AM
WMUTeach

Time management or time use has been a bane all my life. So, in my professional life, university faculty now retired, I would set aside blocks of time for grading, other time for class planning. Those times were sacred. No student appointments and I did not check e-mail or answer the phone. I tried to respond to e-mail in the morning and at the end of the day. This kept me from getting caught wandering and running down rabbit trails. This significantly increased my productivity and lightened my frustration with just so much to do and so little time.

Now, your question reminded me that this would work at home. I am still adjusting to retirement and again getting caught in rabbit trails and just lolling about doing nothing. I know I earned the "nothing" time but I also want to be productive with this gift of time. Guess it is time to practice what worked in my office.

Rhonda Lee, I also remind myself that there are times and seasons when I can sew/quilt with more intensity and times when cobwebs will grow on the rotary blade and machine. As others mentioned your family is first. I have discovered the it may be important to "schedule" me time AKA sewing/quilting time. Love all the stages of your life. Looking back they are all precious.