Old 10-13-2018, 01:28 PM
madamekelly

I have a very “low end” Brother that has been sewing for 15-20 years and has never needed a shop service, and a high end Brother Quilting machine (12 years old) that just went to the shop for the first time (I messed up my needle threader doing something careless with it). While I respect all other machines (except the newer singers) I have Brothers because they were within my budget at the time, they have the features I wanted, and unless they suddenly fall apart, they will be my last two machines. I have had a Singer (meh) and a New Home industrial machine (I still miss “ Gertie”) who was lost in a fire in my grandmother’s barn when it “went up” to spontaneous combustion many rears ago. Four machines in sixty years and just had my first service call. Not bad. Lol.

(Sewing center repair guy took the thread and bobbin I had in it to try and figure out if I could fix it, and he gave a a long winded lecture about cheap thread and quality thread. Lol. I did explain not wasting my good thread, an he said it was still wrong. Lol. The replacement threader was $15)

Last edited by madamekelly; 10-13-2018 at 01:34 PM.