Old 10-13-2018, 07:25 PM
Jeanette Frantz

I have a number of machines, all of them are Singers -- My first machine which my DH bought for me for Christmas the first year we were married is a Singer 328-K. It is still a very good, strong, operating machine, bought new in 1963. Still has the original motor in very good condition. I also have a Singer 403-A, a Featherweight, two Singer 750's - T & S machines, a Babylock serger, a Singer 201-2, a Singer 1425. I use the 201-2 for quilting, the FW for piecing a lot. I have reservations about the newer plastic machines -- the T & S Machines I have -- the plastic gears have "shelled out" a couple of times, but I have to admit these were machines my son trained on when he was working as a sewing machine mechanic and our cost was zero. The 201 we also got at zero cost, but it had to have some parts, and my son totally re-wired the electrical and we had to buy a needle plate. The 1425 I originally bought for my mom, but when she passed away, my dad wanted me to take it home with me, so I did. Another machine I have, which we inherited from my DH's great-grandmother -- a National Two Spool Treadle. It needs another cleaning and oiling, and the cabinet needs some work -- I really don't have room to set it up