View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Teen

Default Classic Santa's Applique Quilt

Here is my latest project. I stumbled on these Santa applique blocks while at a local guild show. I found 5 Santa kits in the bargain bins a year ago and later was able to find the patterns for the other 7 Santa's on line. This was a BOM program several years ago; however, I did not do the same layout. I just did the Santa blocks, used one pieced block for center, designed Christmas tree blocks to balance it out. When assembled, this screamed "scalloped edge" to me so I learned a new technique with this. I purchased Quilt in A Day" ruler called "Scallops, Vines & Waves" and it was super easy to do. I just need to bind it but I am undecided on the color of binding so it you have a recommendation, I'm all ears. It's a toss-up to use same as border or gold or maybe cream. See? Undecided...lol!! All appliqué is turned edge and machine sewn.

I FMQ'd on my domestic simple curls in background after Mctavishing one and ripping it out. With the pieced blocks as backgrounds it looked wonky so...there ya go.. Border is straight line fence I did with a ruler...my first time with ruler work. The center block I tried a new technique using quilting paper and FMQ'd a poinsettia. So, learned lots of new stuff with this one. Lots of detail on each Santa qpplique... The backing is from a bolt I have had and have no idea why I bought but it's Christmas Tiding from Wyndham Fabrics. All this from my stash so I'm very happy about that. Thanks for looking!!

Blocks are from pattern: Classic Santas by Sue Garman. You can find the quilt pattern here: https://www.comequilt.com/shop/block...sic-santas.htm
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg