Old 10-16-2018, 08:31 PM
dublb

Well today I took DM to Midland. It was a very wet trip. It is raining so very much in TX. There is flooding in some places. Thankfully not where I was driving. I am such a desert girl that this was weird. Most of the trip was good. The roads weren't bad at all even though it rained 90% of the trip. I didn't go through Garden City as it washed out last week. We took the road up through Big Spring. They have added a loop to the west of Big Spring. It cut 20 or 25 minutes off of the trip. Which is good as going through Big Spring use to add 30 - 35 minutes.
I did cough a bit but was able to control it w/black tea & cough drops.

DM got her tax info to her tax guy. I went to the LQS & got some fabric. We saw some family. Then we drove back.

I do hope that Jeanie isn't driving through TX in all this stuff. She was supposed to be in TX sometime in Oct. I hope she has been delayed for a few more days at least.

We witnessed an accident on the trip up there. It could have been a terrible accident but no one was hurt. An 18 wheeler was up ahead of us. I was going 65. Speed limit was 75 but the roads were wet so I was just going 65. Anyway I was creeping up on this 18 wheeler but was still quite a bit behind him. HE realized that he was about to miss his left turn so he slammed on the breaks. Yup, he lost control. (I stopped) He veered to the right into the embankment. Then he still tried to turn left. He missed his turn & went across the medium & right across some on coming traffic. They had seen him losing control & stopped in time not to hit him. The truck careened all the way across the opposing traffic & then went along the embankment that is on the opposite side of the road till he finally came to a halt. My heart didn't stop pounding for an hour. Neither did DM's.

May God Bless ya, May his face shine on you.