Old 10-17-2018, 01:47 AM
Murphy224

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
I’m looking around for a second machine to take to classes and it got me to thinking;

what do you think is the best brand of sewing machine and why?
When I was looking for a second machine to take to class, I looked at the brand of the machine I already owned because the learning curve would be shorter, the extra feet are very often interchangeable, especially those "special" tasks feet, the bobbins were the exact same, etc. No need to have to sort through different bobbins, feet, or settings when the manufacturers generally stick to the same basics for all their machines. The only main issue with this theory is when one machine is a 7mm and the other is 9mm, then the feet probably won't fit.
So if you are happy with your current machine, I say look at that brand for a light weight to take places.
That said, I love Janome machines and own three. the 15000, 6600, and the 3160 which is my take to class 12 pound machine. The bobbin is interchangeable for all three but the 15000 is a 9mm and the other 2 are 7mm so the feet are interchangeable between those 2 only.
Good luck in your search.