Old 10-19-2018, 04:26 AM
TeresaA

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
All my modern machines are Brothers and I can’t find fault with any of them. I have a lot of vintage singers too
Good for you! After reading around, Brother really gets my vote for new sewing machines in about every price class.

If I were in the market for a new machine and wanted to spend a whole lot of money, I'd probably feel most confident going with a Brother. Why? Because Brother doesn't only make sewing machines and with any luck they are leveraging their knowledge from other areas such as scanners, printers, etc to make a less finicky end product. I haven't read many horror stories. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Of course, I would never buy a TOL sewing machine. My sewing time and capabilities don't warrant it. For the money, I'd rather have a nice trailer to tow to campgrounds where I'd use some of my lesser machines on rainy days while still breathing in the mountain air. That would be an all-around joy.

After reading, seeing and hearing about recent sewing machines and being hugely disappointed in general, I've been researching true industrials, the non-portable ones used in sew in factories. Unfortunately Juki has figured out what a great option they are for quilters with their J-150QVP (which they've over-priced because they are marketing to quilters). I'd better get my industrial machine fast before the price goes up throughout the line.