View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 06:09 AM
Macybaby

Those sure are pretty!

Summer is finally winding down and I'm getting more time for sewing, though I'll be spending quite a bit of time the next day or too on the roof -that project is almost done too.

I went through my fabric selection and pulled out all the big prints, they don't work so well for smaller peiced blocks like this -sometimes they muddle teh pattern. Then I pulled out a few that just didn't seem to go as well with the rest (Had two with a lot of white and one with black, and a couple of Pinks)

Next step, I sorted them in two groups, kind of going light/dark but it ended up with orange/green and blue/purple. I'm going to use the Orange/green as the background, and the blue/purple for the design. Will be interesting to see how this plan works out.

It's 40 fat quarters, so 10 yards so it should be enough. And I can always use the large print, I'd just have to do some fussy cutting to keep the colors consistent.

I copied all the template pictures and started cutting teh first block, but now it's time to get outside and get on the roof. We are doing the front middle section (old farmhouse with several additions). It's the last part to do, and we did the tear off yesterday.