Thread: Quilt of Valor
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 06:40 PM
cathyvv

Default Quilt of Valor

Before Hurricane Florence hit, I took the precaution of moving some fabrics (and a few other things) up onto tables and shelves in the hope that they would be spared if we flooded. Lucky for us, we did not experience flooding.

While moving the fabrics to higher ground, the panel at the center of this quilt was re-discovered. It's been a while since I made a QOV, so it got my attention. The red fabric around the panel was a scrap that also made it's way to higher ground. The darker blue fabric - a Christmas fabric from Connecting Threads several years ago, was a large remnant that I had been saving for a rainy day. (That means I like it so much I didn't want to use it.) It called me from it's secure, somewhat hidden spot on the shelving and said 'USE ME!" So I did.

How can I tell one of my favorite fabrics "No!"?

The lighter fabric was a new purchase because nothing in my very large stash worked with the panel, the red and blue fabric. I wasn't sure that it would work, but it had small "Statues of Liberty" in it, so I decided it HAD to work. I think it did.

At show and tell, either no one was brave enough to tell me it didn't work or it really does work.
Attached Thumbnails qov-102108.jpg   qov2-192118.jpg