View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 10:06 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
My mom is 84 and used to cook all the time. She would sometimes have me type up her recipes to give to her friends. She would list the ingredients by brand name and the size of her pans or bowls. I would get a kick out of typing them. One time she wanted me to type up her instructions for making her chicken and dressing. It took me three pages because she wanted every step written down just like she made it. haha
She has severe memory loss now and doesn't even know what a spatula is. I stay with her sometimes while my 86 year old daddy has to go run an errand. I only live 5 minutes down the road from them. We don't leave her alone now. She'll show me a box of Hamburger Helper and wants me to help her make it. She can't even understand the instructions on anything now. It's sad, but we've still got her.
First...hugs to you and your Mom and Dad. My Mom did the same thing in her later years. (Funny...she never forgot how to make a martini though...LOL.)

There are a few really great, recipe-building, software programs/apps out there. I use one on my other computer, but I can't remember the name offhand...sorry. Putting it on the computer makes it easy to store and share with others. They also prompt you to write complete and comprehensive instructions and ingredient lists. I'll try to find out the name of the one I use and post it here.

~ C