View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 05:40 PM
craftyjulz

Dotty, reds are so hard with bleeding. I hope the color catchers work. Let us know bc I have a quilt I know I’m going to need to use them with soon too. I’m scared my one solid red is going to bleed over & since this is my big personal project of making my own paper pieced blocks & putting them together into a special quilt it’ll really be upsetting. Has anyone tried using a cold water & vinegar wash cycle first with a quilt they thought might run before?
You know Dotty, if you put another red, white, blue, or gold border on this quilt it could be a considered a Quilt of Valor I think.
JanieW, I love your block. I can’t wait to see it with them put together & how the secondary pattern looks.
dd, you might want to add some color catchers too with all that red. Do you have any tricks to keep fabric from bleeding? I think your recipient is going to love your quilt!
RJ Very nice. Yours was the flannel quilt right? Your colors all go together so well. It’s a very soothing palate.
Carol in WI How’d you get your blocks to match like that?! That’s cool that the ones you have laid out are in different colorways. Are all of them going to be that way or are some going to be more scrappy looking?
Everyone is doing such a fantastic job. Leslie, I’m sure you’re quilt looks fine. We’re usually our hardest critique!

Julz