View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 09:57 AM
SherylM

I bought a Digital Advantage iron 10 years ago and I just loved it, but the "clean me!" light started going on all the time, so I quit using it. There was a build-up of white mineral-y crud that kept coming out of the holes, probably because I never emptied it after I used it. I found an older Black & Decker Classic at the thrift store and it doesn't have auto shut-off.

I like it well enough, but I also bought a Hamilton Beach Retro iron that has a 30 minute auto shut-off, so it takes much longer than any of the other ones to shut off. They're both "fine", but I still loved that Digital Advantage more than these. I think I was trying to find one that I like as much as that one.

But then last year I treated myself to a Panasonic cordless iron, based on all of the glowing reviews I read here and on the MSQC forum and, Oh My Goodness, I'm in love all over again! That iron is wonderful! But having said that, I'm still thinking about buying another Digital Advantage.Yes, it shuts off pretty quickly, but it heats up really fast too. And I didn't mind having to reset the temperature - after a while it just became "muscle memory" and I didn't even think about it.

The only thing stopping me is the collection of irons I seem to have acquired, quite unintentionally. Right now I can't justify buying another one until one or two of the ones I have already, go kaput. (OOPS! Now how did those irons fall off the balcony?!)

Last edited by SherylM; 10-25-2018 at 10:06 AM.