Thread: Quilter's Will
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by craftybear
Hi,

Why can't you just include it in your main will as my attorney stated to me that you can word it how you want to give things to others. Wow! a Quilters Will!

Karen
I don't even have a main will. I guess my will would be to let my DH give away whatever he saw fit and keep whatever he wanted. I'm sure he knows that. I haven't got much of value. My girls all know they can divvy up any jewelry they want. I have a few pieces of pottery and/or silver, crystal, etc. that were my Mom's and the girls can devide those things. All the rest is mine and my hubby's. The only stuff I really worry about is all the things I have accumulated over many years of sewing and quilting. Think of it ladies! How many yards and yards of stash do you have? How many rulers and tools? What about your sewing machines, and patterns? Do you want it all to go to thrift shops? Do you want it to go into a garage sale, to be bought for pennies when you paid so much for your expensive quilting fabrics? I'd rather have it given to serious quilters and quilting friends, also to my guild. My girls don't sew AT ALL. They wouldn't have any use for my three Janomes. What about my cutting table and oversized ironing board? Oh well, deep sigh ... it's depressing to think about. I'd better quit.