View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 11:03 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Jo Belmont View Post
There are tons of hand-piecing and hand-quilting videos at YouTube, but the master of all IMNSHO is Jinny Beyer. Use the search engine on her site, jinnybeyer.com I love my machines, but there is a theraputic measure for me to hand work that the machines don't provide, not only because of the portability, but the absolute precision as well. Also, it is not necessary to press between steps as needed with most of machine work.

Go for it!
i agree with jo whole heartedly! jinney beyer became one of my main sources of hand quilting knowledge when i first started quilting in the mid 80's. here is a link to her page of tips & lessons. there is also a link to her blog on the drop-down menu under "jinney corner" on the header. she doesn't post often, but what she does share on her blog is soooo helpful. i use her block library often. the blocks are available in several sizes & unlike blockbase (which i love & have used since mid 90's) i have never found/encountered error in printing blocks for hand or machine piecing.

https://jinnybeyer.com/tips-and-lessons/

found this thread looking for another thread in tutorials. i hand basted a mini quilt yesterday to begin the handquilting of it for one of my winter projects. hope you find info you need! i sooo love my quiet winter days watching the snow fall or the enclosure of coccoon of fog to sit & do needle work <3

Last edited by roguequilter; 10-28-2018 at 11:08 AM.