Old 10-31-2018, 02:33 PM
Kassaundra

BH's quilts are sooooo busy I prefer yardage personally, and have always done them w/ yardage. I like your bundle but worry about how many large, med/large prints some are speculating the piecing is going to be even smaller then usual for this quilt based on a couple of her comments and the yardage / stated size, if that is accurate your colors of piecing may be "off"
Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Kass, that sounds like a great plan! I have been looking on line all day; what I would like to do is find yardage that I love and try a single fabric per color version and see what that's like.

I also have a possibility in my stash. It's a FQ bundle I've had for years with no inclination of what to do with it. It has the appropriate number of colors of similar value. I went through my stash for supplemental fabrics and would have enough. But it's a busy group of fabrics and I might run into trouble if the quilt is in very small pieces. My red would be more orange and my orange would be more yellow. My green is also much yellower, and the blue very grayed. It looks quite dreary compared to Bonnie's palette, but . . . I wouldn't have to buy anything.