Old 10-31-2018, 04:56 PM
AmyBible

Always a fun part of the mystery to see everyone pull out their fabrics and ruminate over choices. I like the idea of maybe using yardage. I've made a lot of scrap quilts recently and think I need a break.

I've done the last 3 mysteries; Alietare was my favorite, I made 3 En Provence at the same time, but Ringo Lake wore me out. I thought I'd sit this mystery out. I am making good progress on my UFOs and have a Notre Dame T-shirt quilt in my near future that I fear will take up a great deal of time.

However, my SIL likes orange so **if** I did decide to jump in and switched -- the fabric requirement for Neutrals is so large I was thinking I'd switch Neutral to Orange but... then what would I sub for the Orange? I'd think it would have to be something close to red on the color wheel -- but darker than Orange, maybe purple?

Also need a baby/toddler quilt soon so my 2nd idea was to completely switch up the colors and make 1/4 of the clues - something manageable that would let me keep chunking away at my UFOs, then I could border the quilt and it would be a good baby size... but I'm concerned with so few blocks the pattern - or 2ndary pattern if there is one - would be lost.

Oh, what to do. I guess I have 3 weeks to figure it out.